OSI Group History
OSI Group is a food manufacturing company, based in Aurora Il. OSI was technically established Otto Kolschowsky in 1909. Otto Kolschowsky, the German immigrant arrived in the United States in 1907. OSI was known as Otto and Sons by 1928, and expand to open operations in Maywood Il. Otto and Sons had gained a reputation of supplying high quality meats, and soon became the main supplier to a small hamburger restaurant, McDonalds in 1959. In 1975 Otto and Sons changed their name to OSI Industries. OSI partnered with Best Chicago Meat Co LLC and eventually acquired Glenmark in 1999. By 2011 OSI Group reported annual revenues of $ 3 billion, and was named by Forbes America’s 136th largest private company. Five years later, OSI Group would double its revenues to $ 6.1 billion and was number 58 on Forbes list of private companies.
In 2016, OSI Group was recognized by the British Safety Council for their impeccable managerial practices dealing with environmental risk and received the Globe of Honour Award. There were only 18 companies globally that were presented the Globe of Honour. The Globe of Honour recipients are determined by an assessment of the organizations management practices of environmental issues on all levels of the company.
OSI Group Leadership
Sheldon Lavin is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and President of OSI international operations, OSI International Foods Ltd. Sheldon Lavin was the Director of National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, and is currently General Trustee at Rush University Medical Center.
David G. McDonald is currently the director OSI’s Australian division, OSI International Foods Pty Limited. David McDonald joined the OSI family in 1987 as a project manager. Mr. McDonald was responsible for OSI international expansion efforts in Latin America and Asia.
Bill Weimer is the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President. Mr. Weimer was Director of OSI International Foods in Australia until March 2014.
Kevin Scott is the Executive Vice President of OSI Group.